Recent studies show that the user penetration rate of online gaming platforms stands at just 12.5%. That number will grow massively in the future. By 2024, online gaming will generate hundreds of millions every year purely via in-game purchases. Why are audiences lapping up these online gaming platforms? Does it denote a positive or negative trend in our society? Here’s assessing both the positives and the negatives of these platforms and their rapid growth
Several parents find these gaming platforms too distracting for their children. Their concerns are true as excessive online gaming can lead to –
- A lack of general alertness
- Poor time-management
- Health problems such as obesity, eyesight damage, sleeping disorders, etc.
- Poor performance at education or in your professional life
- Constantly staying in a preoccupied state of mind.
- Peer pressure to invest more in these gaming platforms
Choose the best games, get redirected here, and learn about the steps you can take to improve your quality of life. If you’re an online gamer, you need to stay aware of these genuine risks before gaming excessively for long hours.
The Positives – It Isn’t All Bad
Contrary to belief, video games can be extremely advantageous for people of all age groups. Here are some powerful gaming devices for you. Be it a child learning counting or a corporate trainee – there’s something to learn in every online game. Most importantly, consistent gaming hones skills including –
- Curiosity about logic
- Multi-player games enable players to hone their social skills while staying in their comfort zones.
- Problem-solving and making decisions on the spot.
- Team games compel players to adopt different outlooks and respect each other’s opinions.
- Some players also stat that their memory improves by playing challenging games.
Choosing the Right Games
Every activity that humans participate in must improve their physical and mental health. Addiction to any substance or activity is harmful. Players need to harness the power of online games by selecting top-quality games. Treat online gaming as any other skill-building activity. Keep playing (for limited periods) to improve at the game. Only then you’ll get to reap all these benefits!
To read more on topics like this, check out the Lifestyle & Goals category