If you are already aware of the white glove logistics industry, you might have used a provider when setting up your business, but if the term is new to you, here are a few of the business sectors that rely heavily on white glove logistics support.
- Banking & Retail – ATMs, bankbook updating and cash deposit machines are transported, installed and configured by the white glove logistics company, plus they might also take on the maintenance contract, as they are authorised to work with this type of equipment. The retail sector often used digital signage and touch screen information boards, all of which are installed by white glove technicians.
- Medical & Healthcare – Almost every machine you find in a hospital would have been transported and installed by industry white glove professionals, with MRI and CT scanners, X-Ray machines and surgery equipment all falling into this category. The state-of-the-art equipment you find in a fitness centre would be under the control of white glove logistics and when the equipment is installed, each machine is configured and the team would also train the staff how to manage and monitor the equipment. When you need complex equipment installed, there are installation logistics from Rhenus High Tech, the UK’s number one white glove logistics provider who has all the solutions.
- Vending & Gaming – Next time you are in the pub, look at the entertainment equipment, which has been installed by the white glove logistics company, while digital signage also comes under the umbrella of the white glove logistics supplier.
- Telecommunications – Communications networks are installed, configured and managed by specialist white glove providers, using industry qualified technicians and there isn’t anything they can’t handle when it comes to telecommunications. Secure networks are a speciality, as is data centre installation and removal. If you are looking for promotion at work, this article might be of assistance.
- Robotics for Manufacturing – This is a booming sector, as many factories now use robots in the manufacturing process and this very expensive and delicate equipment needs to be handled by professionals. Then the equipment must be positioned and located, which can be quite a complex exercise that demands expert hands and the robots are then configured and put online.
- IT Hardware – Every industry needs IT hardware and that eventually needs to be replaced and this is a job for the white glove logistics company, who can also dispose of IT hardware as per the WEEE directive.
- Governments – The public sector makes good use of technology and they have touch screen information boards in many of their complexes, which require professional installation. Government officials regularly take part in global video conferencing and these systems are set up by the white glove team and it is tested and ready to go at the appointed time.
As we move further into the digital age, we can expect the white glove logistics sector to grow steadily, as more and more machines are used. This would make for an ideal career move if you think you’ve got what it takes to do this kind of work.